Friday, June 13, 2008

Report To Mrs. Revlin's Grade 2 Class - Monte Vista School

(Note: Toby is writing this report for his class at Monte Vista School in Santa Barbara, California. In Canada, 2nd grade is called grade 2!)


Toby's Animals on the Farm



My mom found this baby kitten stranded in the ditch in front of our farm. She thought it sounded like a bird, so she named her, "Birdy". She brought her in the house and bought a bottle of milk for her. Birdy was a surprise for me when I came home. Birdy likes to play with a toy mouse. And she likes to chase a ball of yarn around. I like her. She is a good surprise.



This is our rooster, Chester. He goes "buck buck buck" and talks to his hens. He crows a lot too. I hear him crow when it's morning. Every day I check the chickens and make sure they have food and water. And then I look for eggs in the hay nest.



This is one of our hens on the nest in the chicken coop. She doesn't have a name yet. Would you like to help us name her? She is very shy, she is missing some feathers but she lays eggs for us. Mrs. Revlin can send us your ideas for a name.



Every day I look in the nesting box for eggs. We have three hens and they don't lay every day, so sometimes there are no eggs. The hens lay eggs in the hay nest because that is where they feel safe. Sometimes the eggs are white and sometimes they're brown because they come from different chickens. My dad had this egg for breakfast!

I miss you guys and I hope I'll see you next year!

Toby

No comments: